Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, schools across Canada are closed and students are being encouraged to stay home. This has caused many parents to worry about their child losing out on precious education. This is why our instructors at iFuture Academy has put together a list of high-quality education websites that your child can use at home with ease. Most of these websites normally required premium paid plans, which they have waived for the time being to do their part!
Some of these resources are also used at our academy, so we have first-hand experience with them;
1. https://www.education.com/ - Education.com is a great website for PreK-5 students, the website is easy-to-use, and the videos are comprehensive. They have over 30,000 activities and lessons, so if your child gets bored they can always jump to another fun activity!
2. https://ca.ixl.com/ - ixl.com focuses on English and Math for students K-12. Be sure to check out their online portal, where they provide analytics and feedback to you the parent! They also have a family learning plan, which can be found here: https://ca.ixl.com/inspiration/family-learning.
3. https://start.paloaltonetworks.com/cyber-aces.html - Palo Alto Networks has created a cyber security course for students, that teaches them how to be safe online. This course is great as it is different than what students are usually taught in schools. Making this lockdown a great time for students to pick up new knowledge and skills!
4. https://learn.theksociety.com/student-sessions - The Knowledge Society is offering special courses on AI and nanotechnology in an interactive and simple manner to young students. These courses are created with students in mind, in order to ensure students’ minds are kept engaged through out and that students finish the courses!
5. https://classroommagazines.scholastic.com/support/learnathome.html - TScholastic has created courses for students focused on English. These online classes are roughly three hours of learning, with new content being added every week.
6. https://app.adventure2learning.com/account/register?plan=Monthly - Adventure learning is a video-driven platform that takes the in-class learning experience online. They are being used in thousands of elementary schools world-wide, you can sign up for free with the coupon code Learn60 for two months!
7. https://www.mobymax.com/ - MobyMax offers complete curriculums for 27 subjects for students in grades K-8. These lessons include math, English, science and social studies. Normally a paid program, MobyMax is now free for students during the coronavirus school closures.
You can also find more about our own STEM Programs here.